Sunday, January 23, 2005

 

Extra Sunshine

Guess what? My flight got cancelled to go back to Boston! I am actually glad. I found out at 4am this morning when I got up to go to the airport. That meant more sleep immediately! I also got to go to Church--which I was glad to be able to attend here--it's different in Boston. It aslo meant another beautiful day in the sun, and a nice nap. I got a great send-off from everyone at Church -- the ones that are following the big storm in the Northeast were glad I'm not trying to travel over there right now. I think it'll be very pretty when I get there with a couple feet of snow on the ground. I sense some pictures perhaps--if I can get away.

I've gotten 4 e-mails now telling me not to come back to school until it's safe and all this is over. One of the e-mail said it was supposed to snow 8" per hour! They really don't need to twist MY arm quite so hard.

I did get to go to Vasquez Rocks and take lots of pictures! It was a beautiful day, and probably a rare day when everything was green around the rocks. We got to climb up the rocks as much as we wanted--which I didn't expect--but was a lot of fun. I learned that Vasquez was a 'bandito' whose hideout was in these rocks. He was caught and hung. The site is also the place where the Star Trek episode called Arena was filmed where Kirk fought the Gorn, among other movies and TV series. Quite the popular place! As soon as I get to school, I'll be able to post my pictures. For now I'm supposed to get back Monday night very late.

Comments:
praying for a safe trip...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?