Saturday, January 29, 2005

 
I got to go sledding today! It was a lot of fun. It wasn't *that* cold today, so it was nice to be outside in the bright sun and sail down the hill. I am thinking about investing in a nice inner tube--as much as the little sled I used was cute, it wasn't very cusiony. I was smiling afterwards, but I did fly through the air a bit after a bump at the bottom.

Here I go Posted by Hello

After Posted by Hello

I found some cool verses recently in Isaiah written as a warning to the 'women of Zion,' God's people. What amazes me about them is how much stuff they had to try to make themselves pretty. I've just cut my hair recently and am trying to figure out how to wear it, so I've been thinking about it. I was writing out these verses, and noticed how long the list was (I think 22 items). Sometimes it's easy to focus on these things and get consumed by them; you can just see how these women were striving for something they weren't getting, so they kept trying with more bangles. And God's like, 'Christ is beautiful and glorious, and you are as well in him.' Oh, I remind myself, it's about him, that's right.

I read Wild at Heart1, and I enjoyed the chapter on women. It's very good. In short, without important context, he says women ask, 'Am I lovely? Worth fighting for?' first of their fathers and then of the other men in their lives. This seems to ring true especially with this passage.

1 yes, it's a book for guys...anyway...I bet more women than men read it :P

p.s. Beck, I'm trying to get a good recent pic of Cocoa for you...she's so cute. And I saw a full grown chocolate Lab today at the sledding hill--the dog would run down the hill by its owner who was riding an inner tube down--so fun. Such a cool dog.

Comments:
I've read Wild at Heart, too... =) I heard John Eldridge being interviewd by Dobson a while back and at the time he (John) said he was working on a "wild at heart" equivalent, but for for the ladies. He said that was the main thing - just as guys have to have a battle to fight, a damsel to resuce, and an adventure to live, a woman needs to know if she's lovely and worth fighting for... and is constantly assertaining her father's and then other mens responses to the unspoken questions. He said that was what the book was going to be about. So, now that I've reminded myself of that, I'm going to find out what the deal is.
 
Oh yeah, I love your profile picture. It looks like you blend in with the water behind you. Cool effect. =)
 
Glad to see you enjoyed the pics. Hope school is going well. All our snow melted here, stupid pineapple express/el nino/la nina/insert random meteorological phenomona here thingy. BTW I liked the way your hair looked in the pic of you sitting on the rock throne. Looks nice short. Have a wonderful semester.
 
time to update your site
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?