Friday, January 28, 2005

 

Snow!

Here are some pictures to give you a view into what my area in Boston looks like right now. I thought I would take some pictures of my car, so if you haven't dug a car out of the snow, you can appreciate it a little more. Here is what my car looked like on Tuesday:

My Car! Posted by Hello
I had to go to the store to get toothpaste since my luggage hadn't come yet (and of course chocolate chips for cookies). This time, thankfully the locks weren't frozen, neither was the handle or the door frozen, so entry into the car was okay. When I threw my backpack in and closed the door, all of the snow on the side windows fell off! Which wasn't bad. I'll have to remember that trick. The windshield was a little difficult due to the foot of snow on the hood, which had to be whisked to the side, because the snow was just as deep as the hood in front of the car. The windshield also had a lot of ice on it near the bottom. I was able to scrape some of it off with my nifty ice scraper (an essential like a squeegie in California), but I gave up on getting my windshield wipers out of the inch of ice that encased them.

After Posted by Hello This is my handiwork!

Snow at Sunset Olin Balcony Posted by Hello
Snow can be really pretty though, especially when it is deep, it just covers over the landscape so you forget what is there (and sometimes the snow plowers do too).

The previous two pictures were taken from inside a building, but for the following pictures, I took a walk into the forest that is nearby. I think it was about 16 degrees when I did, because I could only stay outside for about 20 minutes before everything mildly exposed started to hurt. To get to the forest I had to go over the snow that had been plowed to the side of the road that is there--which was about 3 feet tall--and I knew there was nothing underneath it, in fact the hill goes down there. Going up this mound was okay, but I sunk in on the way down. Then I walked in Ski or snowshoe tracks (I really don't know what snowshoes look like) because they were already a foot down into the snow, and only sometimes my boots would fall the other foot. So there you go :). There's some winter for all you in spring already.



Trees Posted by Hello

Forest Posted by Hello

Up Posted by Hello


Comments:
Beautiful! You seem to have discovered the secret to multiple photos in one post with Hello.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?