Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

I've updated my blog!

Time flies! I get upset when someone's blog who I've been checking doesn't update for a week, and it's been almost a month for me. I apologize. I've been figureing out what kind I would like to do this summer. I thought I wanted an internship doing Computer Engineering stuff, like I learned in a class last semester. So that's what I told our contacts with IBM, and a manager was even interested in me. However, once I was talking seriously about getting the job, I realized that I wasn't all that excited about it. I also realized that I was very interested in what I was doing in my math class: error control codes - which is electrical and computer engineering, but also very math-intensive! And how much better can you get? Both ECE and Math? Beautiful pure abstract math, but also with applications? Did anyone know this type of thing existed? I am very excited about it. However, this is less of an enginnering thing, and more of a research thing. You can still do this type of thing at a company like IBM, but it's the research area. So I decided to tell my interested manager that my interests have changed, and apply for REU's (Reserach Experiences for Undergraduates) in Math and ECE -- and especially where they crossover.

It's funny, I started rearranging my resume to support applying for math positions, and my resume seemed to line up behind it - with all of the classes that I have taken and the tutoring I have done.

Here is a picture from a couple weeks ago when it snowed. It's been snowing pretty frequently, e.g. today it snowed for a little while.

Snow in the hair Posted by Hello

Yay for snow! It is so peaceful when it falls . . . this night, it also made a nice powder on the bricks, so we ran down the path and jumped, so we would slide, like we were skiing.

Comments:
No, I did not know that type of thing existed. =)
I'm glad you'll get to work with what you love to do, hopefully.
And thank you for updating your blog. I had almost given up hope. =)
 
An update! I checked your page more frequently after the wedding shower because you said yourself how exciting is a new blog entry...!

Snow in the hair sounds beautiful. Here we have rain in the hair. LOTS of it =)

~elise
 
Hey there! Thanks for the update...I'll keep your summer plans in my prayers. The last of my Colombia documents arrived today, so I'll be applying for my visa on Monday and hopefully heading to Colombia on March 11th!!! Yeah!

Take care!
Suzanne (suzannyo.blogspot.com)
 
"Beautiful, pure, abstract math." Does such a thing exist??? I highly doubt it. ;)
It was good to see you last week. Glad you made it back to school safely. =)
 
Sarah, as much as I love you, I think it's time we had a serious talk about your fixation with a) math and b) snow. There is help out if only you're willing to accept it. On a different note, any chance we'll see you at the old haunts this summer?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?