Monday, April 18, 2005

 

Marathon = Spring

Yay, Spring is here! I went down to watch some of my friends pass through Wellesley as they ran the Boston Marathon today! Today is Patriot's Day in Massachusetts, which I believe is the day the first shots were fired for the revolutionary war. It's a state holiday, the day of some civil war reinactments and conveniently, the day of the Boston Marathon each year. Two of my friends made the trek, and some of the other girls at the College joined them for several miles at a time. On the way, I noticed that it is spring for some of the trees! The magnolia trees at my college are just starting to open flowers - I really like how beautiful it is that the flowers come first, as if in a hurry to change the season to spring, before the leaves come out. It was a beautiful day today, but a little warm if you were going to run 26.2 miles! A good day for ice cream in Wellesley for the non-lactose-intolerant.


Spring! Posted by Hello

As my friends ran through downtown Wellesley, I spent my time cheering them when they passed, rather than taking pictures, so I got pictures of the other runners. Wellesley is the half-way point of the marathon. It has a really nice down town though, so it's strange to see all these cups that the runners drink from and then throw on the ground. Official race people hand out gatorade and water, and little kids and their parents hand out oranges (and sometimes sunscreen) to the runners as they go by.


Cups - Boston Marathon Posted by Hello

They are good at using rakes and snow shovels on this coast :)

Rake - Boston Marathon Posted by Hello

I hope the spring weather stays!

Comments:
So is THAT what a snow shovel looks like...
=)
 
Ahhhhhh snow..... It is very hot here. I once had a book titled the pontiff in winter. That was crap. It is very hot. There is no snow. Only FIRE. Well have a good day.

WHILST I BURN

my child
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?