Friday, May 13, 2005

 

Finals are Over! Mistakes . . .

Hey hey. My finals are over! It hasn't really registered yet, but I'll believe it in the morning I think. I have one more thing to do, a presentation for Expo on a look at Biculturalism from a book I read this semester in my Hispanic Writers in the US class. The book was American Chica, which is an autobiography of a woman who grew up with a Pervian father and an American mother in Peru until she was 10 and then moved to the US. My official title is "A look at Bicultural Identity: a childhood in Peru and the US," and so one of my professors asked me yesterday if I was from Peru :). I'm up to about 7 counts of people asking me if I am Latin American and 1 person asked me if I am Egyptian--and she was Egyptian! And about 8 people have asked me if I am vegetarian, even timbo, who has known me all my life!

Here's some highly entertaining organic food propaganda: http://www.storewars.org/flash/index.html

Comments:
Egyptian! Cool! You're mysterious. Congratulations on being DONE with finals. What a relief. Hope the presentation goes well - I'll see you later (a LOT later) that day!
 
Yay! Congratulations! You'll do great on your presentation, since you know what you're talking about.

Don't you hate it when you're walking away from a final, and one by one, you remember all the things that you did wrong on the test, and what the right answers would have been? It's as if it was sitting there in your mind below the threshold of conciounsess waiting for you to relax your mind and let it surface.

See you in a couple of days.
 
PS

I love the store wars link.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?