Friday, September 23, 2005

 

Top Ten things that have changed since last post:

10. I am a College Senior!
My school now has all four classes: Seniors through freshmen! I have not met all, okay most, of the freshmen this year, but I have met the ones who joined Christian Club :O) There are lots of exciting things going on this year! We are hoping to go to Mexico to build a house with Casas Por Cristo this January.

9. My car broke down again . . . my brakes started grinding. I know that means: 'Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.' Conveniently enough, I was able to leave my car at the shop on the way out of the area, and have them fix it while I was in California. They also replaced my hood latch cable so that my hood opens!

8. My glasses came with a sunglass clip that magnetically stuck into place. I lost it long ago, but recently decided to buy a replacement. Well, I ordered it in California and had to have it shipped to Boston. It arrived this week, but unfortunately, they flipped the magnets, so my sunglasses stay very effectively unattached to my glasses!

7. I have broken out my frog collection in force in my room once again. Many smiling reminders to fully rely on God.

6. I now live in a suite with five other girls, whiich was arranged by who would most and least mind my Rooster alarm waking them up in the morning.

5. I really like the Red Sox team from 2004 season (They won the World Series, in case you are not in New England), because of a short DVD called Reverse the Curse put on by Athletes in Action in which 10 of the team members talk about their Faith in God and how they relied on God during their games, how it was him who blessed them with the victory!

4. I have again strung my walls with the cards I've received from family and friends over the last three years. They cover quite a bit of my wall space! The cards are so encouraging, and a big improvement over the white space that was there.

Scarriest: a frog with HUGE eyes and teeth making a face at me, from my Mom
Loudest: a bright pink construction paper card with green construction paper framing my name, from my friend Johannah
Highly Memory filled: Card that says "Hey, Sister- you're a year older . . . thankfully that's one thing you can't blame on me", signed 'Tim' in the way I used to scratch his name into the dining room table instead of mine, so I wouldn't get in trouble.

3. I can no longer claim to people's astongishment that my biological sister has light skin, blue eyes and curly blond hair . . . she has become a brunette . . . or at least dark blond.

2. I wrote a paper about head coverings. It's in the revision stages, but I'll pass it around soon!

1. I want to go to law school now. This summer, I heard Gary Haugen from the International Justice Mission speak on the radio. He was talking about how God is a God who is passionate about justice, and he then started talking about when he was sent by the UN to investigate the massacre in Rwanda, and how he realized what God's love for the world really means. He was conducting an interview with a little girl who had barely survived the machete wounds on her neck and realized that God cared so much about whether this girl lived or died. He, over in America, would not have known the difference, but God would have. He came to see God as truly against the injustice in the world, and able to overcome it. He also realized that God's plan for showing himself to be a God of justice is to use his people. So he started up the International Justice Mission, which is a group of Christian attorneys, law enforcement professionals and human rights workers who rescue victims of violence, sexual exploitation, slavery and oppression.

To see the amazing things God is doing with lawyers check out the International Justice Mission.

I think this is amazing, because I have been looking for a Christian group that is doing in human rights work. In my class Human Rights in Latin America, we learned about the atrocities that occured in Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, and other countries during the 60's and 70's. It's real that people were tortured, recently. I knew God was bigger than how I had seen him before after this class. I knew that Jesus could identify with every person who is tortured, because he was too, for an unjust cause as well. Now I can see how active he is, as in Psalms 10-14, where David cries to him for rescue from injustice and he responds because he does that. I would love to be a part of such a work as the International Justice Mission!

Comments:
Hi! Welcome back! Lots HAS changed, hasn't it. =) The International Justice Mission sounds awesome. What an amazing opportunity to influence so many people's lives.
 
WOW!! After such a long time I actually had some NEW items to read when I took the link from Beck's blog. I Sam. 2:30 (last phrase)
Prayers for His blessings,
~Beck's Mom~
 
Oooh, I can't wait to read the head coverings article.
I was *going* to say that the International Justice Mission sounds awesome, but beck beat me to it. =)
 
Hello, and thanks for mentioning the Red Sox DVD. I helped create it, and I hope people will share it with friends, family, and co workers as it really helps show a side of these players that the media rarely hightlights. Take care, Shawn
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?